Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Level 4

Ok...level 4!  I think I'm on day 6 already.  The first day I did it, I immediately LOVED the free arms, abs, and laying down abs!  The legs section, honestly (don't kill me for saying this...LOL) seemed pretty easy compared to levels 1-3.  I started right off the bat with 1 lb ankle weights on each leg based on my previews of the level prior to doing it.  The 1 lb weights were fine for me.  I thought with a little bit of added plank work that is incorporated into the legs section, it would be a bit more challenging, but it wasn't until the 3rd day when I went up to the 2 lb weights on each ankle.  Then  I started to sweat.  The more I do a level, the more I get into it as the days go by, so I'm still using the 2 lb weights with my rest day tomorrow and then 4 more days to go after that...thinking about doing 3 lb weights for the last 4 days.  We'll see how that goes!  The only move I think will be difficult to do with the 3 lb weights would be the side plank with leg kick...but I keep telling myself "There's only 15 of them on each side!"  So I'll muddle through that!  Looking forward to level 5, hopefully some more intense leg work!  I'll be previewing it over the weekend.

On a side note...I was on a mini-vacation this past weekend and did not miss a TAM workout!!!  My boyfriend and I drove up to Hilton Head, SC to visit my parents and I have to say, it was so refreshing!  I even got a nice hour run around their golf plantation on Sunday and I'm thinking of incorporating one outdoor run a week into my workouts.  I know Tracy doesn't like running, but I tried to mix it up a bit instead of just running.  I did some sprinting and hills.  But I was actually sore...and I barely ever get sore from cardio anymore...so I think I will try to do that once a week!  I'll have to do it pretty early, since down here in SW Florida it is like 90 degrees by 8am most of the time ... lol.  But that's ok, b/c I love early workouts.  That is the best time for me to do them as I've said in previous posts.

And lastly....I had to say goodbye to my treadmill last week :(  So sad....she was with me for 10 years and I finally got the best of her...haha!  Wondering if my dance cardio on the treadmill finally did her in?!  One of the important pieces underneath ... the Hydraulics maybe... (technically speaking...LOL) that makes it go up and down when you change the incline, completely snapped off.  Argh!  There was no saving her according to my boyfriend.  And since we just bought a new house, a treadmill is not in the budget right now.  So outdoor runs and more innovative workouts it will be!  I love a challenge :)

Til next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment