Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Level 5 - Day 2!!

Soooooo....so much for the "easy" workout that I spoke of in level 4...ha!  For the last 4 days of level 4 I wore 3 lb ankle weights on each leg and it was a struggle. 

I started level 5 yesterday.  As usual, I'm loving it!  I don't have one bad thing to say about it.  I am really happy that all of the arms are getting a bit faster and I like that the laying down abs section is the longest one yet.  I was also pleasantly surprised to see what an increase in difficulty the leg section is on this level.  The plank work addition is outstanding!  Between the free abs, laying down abs and the planks and such in the leg work, I've never worked my abs so much in my life :)  And I love working abs!  So needless to say, once again, I love THIS level as well!  I started with 1 lb ankle weights right off the bat.  Yesterday and today the 1 lb weights have been perfect.  I don't see myself getting above the 2 lb weights for this level.  With all the plank work and the move at the end where you open up into a side plank and do the side kick would be way to hard with anything more than 2 lbs.  But you never know.....

On the progress side of things, I was so super happy to find that I had lost 2 lbs.  Not to be repetitively annoying, but I did not start this journey to lose weight...just wanted a muscular transformation...but here I'm losing weight and toning up more than ever.  I quite honestly was skeptical at the fact that throughout this entire program I would not be using anymore than 3 lb weights for both arms and legs.  But I've never had so many amazing results before.  Once again...I am truly a believer and little miss Tracy knows her stuff :)

I also have noticed my pants are fitting a lot looser.  Last night we went to watch the fireworks on Marco Island and while we were sitting on the beach, my pants would not stay up in the back...LOL.  PJ (my boyfriend) had to cover me up with a jacket from behind, haha!  I see it a lot in the upper thigh area of my pants.  For instance, today I am wearing these white capri that I bought a few months back.  They used to be comfortable when standing but tight on my thighs when sitting and as I sit here at my desk, they are completely comfortable!!

One change I did make to my diet that may be contributing to the 2 lbs I lost, and I may have said I was going to do this in one of my previous posts, was that I stopped eating peanut butter and any nuts excessively like I had been for years.  Since I don't eat a lot of meat, nuts is where I usually get a lot of my protein.  But besides the fact that it was messing with my digestion (don't worry, no details...haha), I also believe it may have also been aiding in me keeping on an extra few pounds in my stomach area.  I always felt bloated and PJ finally told me that nuts definitely do that.  So I'm trying the whole no nuts at all for a few weeks and then I may gradually add some back into my diet...in complete moderation though this time.

Til next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment