Thursday, June 16, 2011

About me

So....I've been meaning to start blogging on my TAM journey from the start, but it just didn't happen...better late then never!  Here I go....

A little bit of background:  I've been active in sports, namely soccer, since I was 5 yrs old.  I played my entire life, eventually going on to play professionally after college.  When the team disbanded due to loss of funding, I decided I needed to go back to school again.  I attempted Law School...didn't like it...but ended up going back to the school where I got my Bachelor's and received a Master's in Forensic Psychology.  I graduated in 2006 and have been working in all different kinds of fields...and none of them are what I went to school for.  But the main premise throughout my entire life has been fitness.  I enjoy it, I love it...and dare I say, I need it, now that it has become such an embedded part of my life.  In a sense, fitness did and continues to save my life on a daily basis. 

I've battled hypoglycemia since High School and have been told it may have been exercise induced, which apparently happens to a lot of athletes.  Having said that, it still sucks even though it's normal for life long athletes I'm told.  Although I do want to say that I would rather battle hypoglycemia then another disease like cancer any day of the week.  I'm good with the cards I've been dealt in that aspect and feel very lucky with the life I've been given thus far.  Anyone who has blood sugar issues will tell you how bad it feels when your blood sugar drops.  You can't think, you feel dizzy, you can't focus, your heart starts racing, it can throw you into a panic...etc etc...So when I first experienced these feelings, I was petrified and did not know what was wrong with me needless to say.  I would do anything to not continue to feel that way.  It just so happens that diet is the best way to regulate this disease.  So I've been forced to exercise and eat clean pretty much all of my life.  It is my life...it is a lifestyle...and I love it!

I used to live in PA, where I attended the second largest female fitness center in the country, Momentum Female Fitness Center.  This was no Curves or anything like that, and it was not a chain.  The only location was in Mechanicsburg, PA.  It was amazing!  You walk in and just feel fitness energy immediately.  There's a huge stage with amazing instructors with disco lights and classes galore.  Along with what most gyms have, cardio equipment, weight training machines, etc...  Most of the instructors were trained in the Les Mills program, so I was engulfed in those workouts for the 6 years that I lived there, which included Body Attack, Body Combat, Body Pump, Body Flow and Body Jam, to name a few.  At the same time, I enjoy my "ME" time...aka working out at home alone...so I became a Beach Body coach and started working out to P90X, TurboJam, Chalean Extreme, TurboFire, INSANITY and most recently INSANITY Asylum.  Then...I met my wonderful boyfriend (again) I will leave that story for another blog (lol), and moved to Naples, FL to be closer to him after doing the long distance thing for a good 6 months.  When I initially got down here at the height of the economic downturn, it was tough.  I was living in a crowded apartment with my boyfriend, his brother and 3 huge dogs while working 3 jobs.  Things since are completely different, but due to that situation back then, which is now going on 2 years ago, I had to fit my workouts in at home, super early in the morning.  So I preceeded to just do my at home workouts.  All of the workouts that I named above, have kept me in amazing shape thankfully!  INSANITY actually pushed me past my soccer fitness level, which I never thought possible.  But I constantly was searching for new and innovative weight training workouts b/c I just never really was satisfied with the ones I was doing.  I wanted that lean, dancer body...I also dance, so that is where a lot of my inspiration came from.  Fast forward to me up late one night and stumbling upon Tracy Andreson's Metamorphosis informercial about 3 months ago.  I went back and forth with ordering it b/c EVERYTHING seems to be a scam now a days when it comes to fitness routines.  I've tried them all.  The ones I had named above, previously, were the ones that I stuck with after muddling through all the crap and empty promises from other programs.  So I ordered TAM.  I chose Abcentric only b/c I love to work my abs!  Otherwise, I probably would be Omnicentric I think.  I was definitely skeptical of Tracy's rules such as you cannot use more than 3lb weights for your arms and 3lb ankle weights at most for your legs.  But at the same time, her reasoning seemed so right.  I ordered her book....did some more research...and I truly believe Tracy is right on the ball with the accessory muscle focus.  At least for women that is.  Unless you want to be a power lifter or bodybuilder, most fitness women want to look tight, small, and lean.  And that includes me!

So that brings me to today.  I just finished day 5, level 3 of Tracy's Metamorphosis workout, which is where I will begin blogging about my TAM experiences. 

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment